Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

diving in...

maybe it is just me, but i absolutely despise bathing suits.  i have never been a fan, but add 20 extra pounds, and then swimsuit shopping becomes pure torture.  i have spent the last few weeks scouring the enter webs and stores for a new suit.  i would just skip a suit all together, but texas weather demands at least some pool time, especially when you have a kiddo.  so, in honor of National Swimsuit Confidence Week  [thanks, Katie, for posting about this!], i decided to take the plunge and purchase my summer suit.


  i headed over to Lands' End to see just what they had. i really did think that lands' end was a little matronly before.  but the VS swimsuits and target teen options just don't cut it for me now. i mean, i am in my mid-twenties, a mom, and do not have the same figure i had in high school.  i was beyond surprised at what i found - some super cute suits!  I loved that they had so many tankini options [this girl will never wear another bikini for as long as i live]. Although i am not brave enough to post me in all my bathing suit glory, i will show you the suit i decided on:

Oahu Cluster Floral Lingerie Strap Tankini Swimsuit Top

Oahu Mini SwimMini

i really like the print on the top!  they had matching bottoms, but i prefer a solid fabric over my rear.  and the dark color helps too.  i went with the skirted bottom in hopes that it will conceal [at least some] of my thighs.  me - and my stretchmarks - will be grateful for that extra coverage on the bottom.

so there you have it --- hoping i got the size right and that i like it when it gets here!  i was also able to get a coupon for $10 off and free shipping [retailmenot.com].

do you have your swim suit yet?  where did you get it?  tankini/bikini/one piece? boyshorts/hipsters/swimskirts?

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Eeeek. I have had the same suit for years. It covers, but not enough! lol!!
I am tankini ALL THE WAY... with a skirty bottom to hide the thunder thighs! :)

Sarah said...

that is so cute! love it! I'm sure you'll look smashing in it!!

Jax said...

Ohmygosh! Adorableness on the suit! :) And girl, I dont care what time of life, weight, etc, I just thnk we're all super weird about swimsuits after the age of like 15. haha! I just feel so...I dunno.. like vulnerable in mine! ha! Like everyone is watching! YIKES! LOL! <-- I'm an idiot. I know