Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

30 day challenge RESULTS [I didn't die]...

a month ago, i blogged about joining the 30 day/300 ab challenge that i learned about from Shannon over at life after i dew.  at the time, i was four days in, and honestly didn't know if i would/could complete the challenge.  i was sore, and so out of shape. 



here we are, 33 days into the challenge.  i am happy to say that i didn't give up.  but in an effort to be completely honest before showing you the results, i have a few confessions:

1.  the first 10 days, i could not do the scissors.  like, i physically couldn't get my feet off the ground after day one.  so, instead of completely throwing in the towel, i substituted leg lifts for scissors until my core got strong enough to handle the scissors. 

2.  i did not do the challenge for 30 straight days.  i struggled to get myself to do them on saturdays & sundays.  i know that might be pathetic, as it only takes 10-15 minutes to do the whole workout.  again, i wanted to give you full disclosure about my results.

3.  i only lost 2 lbs. during the challenge.  not anything really.  i told myself in the beginning that this challenge would not be a miracle worker.  i am overweight, and completely out of shape.  that being said, i think i had realistic results in my head.  i know that if i want a complete body makeover, its going to take more than a 10-15 minute ab workout.  baby steps, y'all. baby.steps.

4.  i was/am extremely nervous about posting the before AND after pictures.  as i noted on #3, my body is NOT a wonderland.  its defiantly a work in progress.  but i do think that this challenge was totally worth it, and i can definitely see the change. 


i think i have drug my feet long enough.  here is the photographic proof that i did, in fact, complete the challenge!








as i mentioned before, i still have a ton of work to do when it comes to my body and my ultimate goals.  but!but!but!  i am very glad that Shannon gave me the inspiration to do the challenge.  i am by no means ready to rock a bikini, but i do feel a little better that my muffin top isn't as ridiculous as it was before, and that 'the girls' are even a little smaller.  baby steps :)

if you are thinking about doing the challenge, i say GO!FOR!IT!  if you've done the challenge,let me know.  i'd love to see your results and hear your thoughts!

the goal is to keep this up for at least another month.  i've got a date with the beach, and want to feel a little better in the swimsuit, even if it is a one piece ;)


6 comments:

Sarah said...

SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU!!!! You look awesome!!!!

Meredith said...

WOW!!! You need to give yourself more credit--you look fantastic! I'm proud of you for sticking with it--I know I would've given up by day 3. Congrats lady, you look amazing!!

Shannon Dew said...

Girl you look great! Crazy how fast you see results, right?!

Erica said...

I also did the challenge through Shannon's site.

NICE WORK!!

Don't Panic said...

Where are the challenge instructions? I wanna try!!!

Don't Panic said...

Where are the challenge instructions? I wanna try!!!