Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a bit of a funk...

I have been in a little BIG funk lately.

A blog funk.  A work funk. A wife funk. A mom funk. A friend funk.  I guess it really is a life funk.

I wake up everyday and go through the same motions.  Alarm. Snooze. Shower. Ava wake up. Justin wake up. Makeup. Hair. Ava Breakfast. Dress. Ava Dress. Pack lunch. School Drop off. Train. Work. Train. School pick up. dinner. laundry. books. computer. Ava bedtime. Bedtime.

And the cycle returns 8 hours later.  I feel exhausted. annoyed. defeated. failure. dissapointed. anger. and then I just crawl under the covers and wish it all away.

I have spent some time asking myself how I got here, and that doesn't help at all.  That just makes me get inside my head and feel even more anger and defeat.  So now I am just asking how i get out of here.

Please tell me I am not the only one who goes through this at times.  And if you do know what I am talking about, then I ask, what do you do when your  in a funk?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Girl, we all go through it! Hang in there. Find some time (I know - easier said than done) and do something to rejuvenate! Take a vacation day or something and just give yourself some time. It's amazing what a little break can do!!! Hang in there!!

Jax said...

Ohmygosh I totally get in funks..and they DONT LEAVE for like days when it happens. Ugh. Hate that for you b/c I totally relate. :( I take lots of hot baths with candles, go buy myself some new underwear (TMI, but it really helps for some bizarre reason-5 for 25 at VS is my friend..lol)...or go buy yourself a fun magazine. That helps me too. It's like a fun little treat! :) Feel better, girly.

Meredith said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling so great right now. Definitely know that we all go through them and they're rough. I love when I read blogs that are honest and open about stuff like this. No one's life is perfect and it can be encouraging to know that you're not the only one going through rough times. You'll get through this!!!