Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 31, 2011

a dose of weekend ramblings...

another january weekend in the books! i for one couldn't be happier to be looking towards february, as january happens to be my least favorite month.  if we could have more january weekends like this one though, i think i would change my mind!  the weather was gorgeous, i got to make a few great purchases, and spend time with my two loves. 

saturday morning started with a trip to the eye doctor.  not fun, and totally necessary.  it had been 3+ years since my last exam, and i knew i needed an update.  turns out, i was right.  not only have my eyes gotten bad, but they have gotten really bad. like two pair of glasses bad.  why two?  well, one is for driving, and the other for computer & reading.  even better?!?!  they.are.bifocalsWTH?!?!  ya'll, i am only 25!  and i need bifocals?  talk about feeling old!  ugh.  the guy even asked if i wanted the lenses that don't show the line. ummm, duh!!!!

after that hard news and the bill, i was in need of some therapy.  i found it  in the form of 'car browsing' with my hubs.  if you have been reading for a while, then you might remember my post here about how we decided {albeit reluctantly on my part} to become a one car family.  i have been bitching/complaining/throwing tantrums patiently waiting on my husband to realize that it was time to add a new car.  we had met our goals that we had set when we sold his truck.  while the sacrifice was worth it, i was just over not having my own car {16 months can feel like a lifetime} ha!  well, car browsing turned into car buying, and by saturday afternoon, i became the proud owner of an '08 ford escape :)



 
i didn't picture red or an escape, but i am in love!  ava loves it too! she got to pick out a new car seat and was thrilled that she can roll down the windows just by pushing a button :) 
{it's an upgrade, trust me!}



on saturday night, i felt the urge to get a little crafty, so i tried making a few more flower headbands.  they still aren't great, but it's a start!





on sunday, i gladly went to get groceries {any excuse to drive the new car!} and my favorite little girl went with :) 




she may or may not have talked me into this little number --->


seriously? !?!  bieber fever at 5 1/2?  lord, please help me!  ha!

i hope all of you lovelies had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

LOVE the new look! Love the car, love the headbands...love of love!

Gina said...

Just stumbled onto your blog from a tweet...your headbands look similar to Katie's from www.lovesoflife.com ! Have you seen hers?