Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

weekend recap and some other things...

Is it really only Tuesday?  Ughh..this has already been the longest week.  Maybe it is the craptastic weather we are having here in Dallas.  I digress.

Miss Priss was feeling a little under the weather this weekend ((no pun intended)) so we stayed in our pj's all day saturday.  I cloroxed and lysoled the entire house while she stayed snuggled up in my bed watching kahtoons with a low grade fever.  Luckly, it only lasted one day, and she was back to her ornry sweet self first thing Sunday morning.

While I was disenfecting and Ava was resting, Justin was cleaning his truck and taking it to C@RM@X.  At 8:45 p.m. on Saturday evening, we became a ONE CAR FAMILY!  I can't believe we actually took the plunge  steps towards our finanical goal, but I am thinking the end result will be SOOO worth it ((atleast I hope so)).  See, before Saturday night, we were making 2 car payments. By selling his truck, we now only have my car payment and  it will be paid off by JANUARY instead of JUNE 2011.  See the plus?  Aaannnddd, I ride the train every day to work, so our biggest challenge will be the weekends, which means we will be forced to communicate and be considerate of each other's needs.  I know it won't always be easy, and we will for sure have a few knock-down-drag-out fights, but it is such a great thing for our family.  So far, we have survived the last two mornings without a single argument, and Ava has lllooooovvvveeeddd having both Mommy and Daddy taking her to and picking her up from school.  Fingers crossed we will continue to make progress and become a debt-free family by March! ((that is the plan anyway))  I just tell myself that it is temporary, and that by doing this, we will be able to save up enough money for a new house!

Tonight I have to have free drinks and appetizers network at a happy hour at Central 214.  And, I plan on meeting a celebrity...and getting her autograph.  What celebrity you might ask?

This one...










So not an A-list celebrity.  But she has her own tv show. And she is here in Dallas.  and I am meeting her. So please just let me say she is a celebrity. thankyouverymuch.

Chef Blythe Beck.  If you haven't heard of her, check out her fun little show on Oxygen!  ((I mostly love it because it is here in Dallas, and I know some of them! Ha!))

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go on getting one car payment!! such a good feeling!:)

Jax said...

I think she definitely counts as a celebrity! And high five for taking the plunge and getting rid of a car! :) I cant wait to hear how much of a difference you notice in your everyday expenses without having that extra vehicle for gas, insurance, etc.. :)