Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 24, 2010

weekend recap...

What a great weekend!  On Friday, I got to keep sweet Preston for the first time so that Mommy & Daddy could go to a couples shower!  Baby boy was sooo good for his Auntie and cousin!  ((Man, I can't even begin to express how much I love this little guy!))  He has got us completely smitten!



Ava was so excited to see him, and wanted to love on him right away


We were even lucky enough to catch a few smiles from him! ((his mommy got him to smile lots and lots this week, and I was so happy to get to see one for myself!))


Not only was this the first time P was away from both his mommy & daddy, but it was also his first night to take a bottle!  He was a champ!! 


We spent the night and I offered to get up with P so Sarah could get some sleep, and she was all for it.  So off to be she went and little man and I stayed up watching TV.  Around 11 he finally passed out, and I layed him in his big boy bed.  He didn't wake up until 3:45 a.m.! ((a fluke, most likely, but I'm just going to pretend its because he was going easy on me ---it's been almost 5 years since I had a newborn waking me up in the middle of the night!))   Man, I felt like a rock star!  ha!  I am already looking forward to my next one on one time with him!  Thank you Sarah for trusting me with your sweet boy!  He is SO precious!

_________________________________________________________________
On Saturday, The other Emerson's headed out for a little road trip, and Justin, Ava & I stayed to house/dog sit for them!  Baby girl and I decided to hit up the outdoor mall on Saturday afternoon :)  We found this super cute store called Charming Charlie.  They have tons of accessories and some clothing and shoe items too.  I ended up with this little guy:


Ava got some cute shades, pj's, and an outfit.  Here she is modeling the shades :)


After naps, we headed to Texas Road House.  I have been craving this bad boy for about a month now!:


((I may or may not have eaten every bit of this, plus 4 rolls with cinnamon butter.  and I may or may not be watching my waistline expand because of it.  whatev.))

After dinner Ava and I hung out while Justin went to a friends house:)


((she is getting too big))

_____________________________________________________________

On Sunday we just lounged around Brad and Sarah's, and I spent a majority of the afternoon watching this:

((these women are CRAZY!))

 while kiddo took a 3/12 hour napped next to me!

_______________________________________________________________________

Hope y'all had a great weekend! 


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like y'all had a great weekend! Glad you got some baby lovin' in! You are such a big help and I'm sure they are so thankful for you! Looks like you and A had fun shopping too!! :) Hope your week goes well!!