Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

its ALL in the DETAILS...


On Saturday Morning, we celebrated the Princess's birthday with a
donut/kolache/pj party with her friends from school!
I was up way to early for a Saturday and at the donut shoppe at 6 am to get all the goodies while little miss and daddy where still asleep.  I was able to construct the birthday 'cake' before Ava woke up, and she was so excited when she saw it!
the cake turned out alright for my first try!  There is nothing that a Styrofoam cube, 120 toothpicks, and about 11 dozen donut holes can't do ;)

After I finished the cake, it was time to getting ready to head to Sissy's for the party!  We hosted it at her house because I was afraid our apartment would be too small (we invited all of her class --18 kids-- and ended up with 6) but at least I didn't have to clean and setup.  All in all, I'm glad we chose to have it there!

At about 8:45 we I started getting the table and decor all ready!  I made a little banner.
And organized the table.
Then it was time for the guests to arrive!
They all LOVED the party hats, especially this little guy!
The kiddos posed for a few photos

and then they got to decorate their party favors: pillowcases!
(in hind-sight, this was a VERY bad  idea.  I was stressed the whole time that paint was going to be everywhere! At least we got some cute photos!)


After pillowcases, it was time to open a few fun presents!
The kids were all excited about Ava's new back pack & lunch box from Mom & Dad :)


After presents, it was time for cake!
We sang Happy Birthday cha cha cha and Priss made a wish.

After cake, we headed outside to take a swing at Buzz.

We even managed to sneak a few family photos into the mix!
And Sarah and I got a photo with each of our kiddos ;)

_________________________________________________
I'm so glad Ava talked me into the party. It was the perfect party for her to celebrate with her friends ;)

2 comments:

Jax said...

SO ADORABLE! Love that little doughnut hole cake! That's the sweetest, cutest thing ever! :) Looks like you definitely made one little girl's day for sure. :)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Oh my goodness, the picture of your baby so happy is so sweet! :) love your blog and I became a follower!

Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com