Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ask and you shall recieve...

Ava added "wolla skates" to her Christmas list a little too late.  Luckily, my dad called the Saturday before Christmas asking what to get her...and I had the perfect idea :)  Here is priss on Christmas morning in all her glory:








After countless laps around our carpeted house, we figured it was a good a time as any to take her to the roller skating rink!  So this past Saturday we headed to WestLake Skate Center for a little ton of family fun!




As you can see, the rink was still stuck way back in the 80's, but it was still a blast!  I thought for sure I wouldn't remember how to do it, but as it would turn out--skates are alot like riding a bike--you really do always remember how to do it!



Giving Daddy some loving before braving the rink!



And Mommy too ;)



Pure .talent.

Every other lap, Ava would ask to set down because she was tired.  REALLY?!?!?  Pretty sure Justin & I kept her upright EVERY single lap :) 



We only had a few minor mishaps.  I may or may not have rolled over one of priss's fingers during one of her 182983793 falls.  Justin may or may not have totally face planted while making a lap by himself and totally blamed it on the fact that his wheel got stuck. ((this was so PRICELESS!))  I will say I mananged to be the only Emerson of the family who didn't have a minor/major spill!




After about 45 minutes, Ava decided she was done.  While taking off our skates she declared, "I HATE skating.  It hurts my freakin feet!" Gotta love her honesty!

All in all, it was another great "first experience" for us, even if we won't be heading back to the rink any time soon :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad her roller skate wishes came true! Looks like fun was had by all! I'd probably bust my bootie if I tried to skate again!

Meredith said...

Wolla skates were so much fun. And nice job with not biting it!!

Jax said...

awwwwwww! She's so freaking adorable per usual! Gosh, I wish I looked that cute doing anything let alone skating.. haha.. :)

And thanks for the sweet comment on my bloggy today, lovely!