Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

weekend recap...

ahhh  --- it has been a pretty great Tuesday!  I am finally  back to my "normal' job after spending what ended up being  almost 8 weeks in a different department!  I LOVED filling in--it was new and exciting and I was swamped --but there is also something so refreshing about a routine!  I missed my own desk and belongings!  It is so nice to read my emails in Outlook rather than remoting in everyday! 

This weekend started off a little rough with a phone call from Ava's school on Friday Afternoon.  She was apparently running a fever and had gotten a horrible cough with weezing.  Justin after thowing a complete bitch fit on the phone loving left work early to get her from school while I finished up at the office.  Poor girl was weezing rediculously when I got home and just didn't feel good so we just snuggled and watched her favorite cartoons.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First thing Saturday morning I put in a call to her doctor's office and we were in luck -- her doctor was actually the one who was on call (they rotate their saturday doctors)) and we were able to get an appointment at 10:30 a.m.   He had seen Ava almost exactly one month prior to this visit with the exact same symptoms.  No infection of any kind --just weezing brought on to her allergies that kicked it into high gear on her on Friday.  Soo----Dr. T is 99 % sure Priss has asthma.  Her daddy had it really bad with he was a kid, but thankfully grew out of it.  Fingers crossed the same will be for Ava.  Time will tell! In the mean time, he sent us home with a script for a breathing machine and instructions on when to administer the treatment.  She had treatments 3 times a day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Today we cut it down to twice a day for the next three days, then once a day for the next three days after that.  Hopefully she will be able to stop the treatments after that.  Then we just wait to see if she shows the same symptoms again with her allergies.  While it is no fun to have to do it--it is TOTALLY manageable, and could have been so much worse!  Plus, she looks freakin adorable in the mask :)


So our weekend plans got cancelled ((we were supposed to go to a graduation party and Ava was supposed to go to her very first sleep over ))  but it was okay.  We had a relaxing day/night at home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sunday we I cleaned house while Justin went to watch the Cowboys get there butts kicked lose the BIG game.  Afterwards we did something I never thought I would be so excited to do---we went to Lowes to look at washers!!  ((you know your an adult when...))  At first sight I so badly wanted the front loading whirlpool duet.  She was beautiful.  The hubs played a mean hand and told me it was my decision.  ughh...I wish he would just tell me I couldn't spend $700 on a washer ((we don't need a dryer)).  Even though it was beautiful I just couldn't take the plunge.  Besides, I would have needed the set to make my dreams come true.  So I settled for a top loading whirlpool.  It is a HUGE upgrade from what I had before.  Don't believe me?  See for yourself...



See?  I told you!  How aweful is that washer?!?!  Hubs got it from his parents when he got his first apartment, it was the first washer they bought as a married couple.  That makes it  like 22 years old!  Lets just say, it's seen better days.  I will not miss manually spinning out my clothes before they went in the dryer.  Seriously.

My new beauty was delivered yesterday ((LOVE lowes --they deliever AND pick up the old appliances the NEXT day!))  I was in hog heaven lastnight doing laundry ((don't worry--I am sure  this will pass after the new wears off)). 



-------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a Holiday for me.  Justin went to work while Ava and I hung out at home waiting on the washer to be delievered.  It was beauiful yesteday, so we spent some time outside at the park.  Super fun!




Yesterday while Ava napped I busted out the home videos of my sweet adorable baby Ava and got the worst case of baby fever I have EVER had!  You forget how thier whole face lights up when you say their name, or how your heart melts when they say "mama".  I would have another baby tomorrow after watching those videos!  I love my BIG girl--but I forgot how great babies are!



How precious is that face!  She was totally cracking up on camera--everytime she laughed her whole face would light up.  See? TOTAL BABY FEVER! **sigh**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of the best work weeks ever!  I had yesterday off, am working Tuesday & Wednesday in the office, and then leave first thing Thursday morning for Boston!  It is a short trip ((I will be back home Friday afternoon))  whicih is perfect! I am going to supervise the set up of our new company booth at a coference.  Sometimes, I really do love my job!

Happy Tuesday!!


1 comment:

jill said...

so sorry to hear about sweet pea and her asthma, mom! but at least she looks cute in the mask. :) yay for the new washer ... i couldn't make myself take the plunge for the front-loaders either. i LOVE to look at them but can't bear to let go of the cash! hope the trip is a good one .. be careful and have fun!!! :)