Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

perspective...

sometimes, life can really get at you.  issues arise, and you think to yourself, surely it can't get much worse than this.  i was definitely having one of those days yesterday.  i allowed for myself to get sucked into it.  the 'issue' consumed my every thought.  i threw a grand petty party and let anyone who would listen know about this terrible thing i was going through.  

then i curled up in my bed and began reading blogs and tweeting.  i started thinking of the blogs that i read that really touch my heart.  the blogs where the author pours over the keyboard letting us in on the terribles of their lives.  a sick loved one.  losing a parent.  losing a child.  hospital stays. divorces. missing children. infertility. sadness. despair.  and i realized something --- i am pretty darn lucky.  sure, what i am going through is big to me right now, but it is so small compared to the heartache, sadness, and frustration that other people are going through.  so i decided something right then and there.  first, i would pray.   so i prayed for those who were struggling, that they would find strength in the midst of their sadness.  i prayed for them to know what an inspiration their story is to me.  i prayed for those wonderful ears that listened to me vent my frustrations last night, that they would know what a strength they are to me. second, i would be the bigger person in this situation, hopefully gaining something from all of it.

today isn't really any different than yesterday.  the issue is still ever present.  the difference, i have realized, is me.  how i act and how i respond.  how i move forward.  its taking baby steps.  anytime i start to feel myself struggle, i remember the strength of those who are going through way worse.  i can surely get through this.

perspective...its a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

And YOU are beautiful!!!! It's so easy to get caught up in what's going on that we forget how lucky we are. this is wonderful written, pretty girl! Know that this too shall pass. And it will make you STRONGER! Praying for you! And remember - even if you feel like what you are going through is minimal, it is still something to you. Know that I am praying for you! I've had some rough days at work and I've learned the hard way that things here are never going to change - the only thing that can change is MY reaction! We're much better off when we realize that. Love you and praying for you precious friend!

jill said...

oh sister. i can't imagine how tough it has to be. my most heated confrontation is with a 5 year old, so i'm not sure i can fully understand what all you're going through. i love you tons though, and i'm praying it all passes quickly and settles down so you have some peace. you are wonderful, no matter what! hope the rest of this week is happy for you, sweet girl. xoxo