Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 21, 2009

just call me martha...

Stuart, that is.  The crafty Martha, not the cooking & baking Martha.  The 'works at an invenstment bank' Martha.  Not the "busted for insider trading" Martha.

This year the hubs and I made a pact not to go over budget at Christmas.  If you remember this post from a while back, then you know we are working towards being debt free, and that our biggest obstacle right now is getting my car paid off.  So hubs asked that we really just do for Ava this year, and next year we can go all out.  This is really hard to do!  I LOVE Christmas, and I LOVE to give gifts -- but I we have a huge family, so this year I had to get crafty creative.  Thanks to all the awesome craftastic blogs that I follow, I got some super fun & easy ideas to do for gifts!

First up? Our "family" presents.  I have ((I hope you are ready for this))  4 older sisters((they are all married)) a younger brother ((with a serious girlie-friend)), a half sister, a half brother, my mom and step dad ((who I have always concidered to by my DAD, the wonderful man who raised me)), my dad and his wife, and 4 nephews in my "immidiate family".  Justin has his Brother and his wife ((the besties)), his sister and her husband, his mom, his dad and step mom, and half brother on his side.  That is a lot of people to think of, and so we always try to do the same things for xmas, and jazz it up on their birthdays!!  So this year, I got the fab idea to make ornaments from Kelly's Korner here.  They were super easy, and really inexpensive!  I got all the supplies from Michael's on sale ;)


All the goodies :)



Filled and ribbons added.



initials :)

And that is it!  I sent them all to my mom with cute bags for them to go in! I will pass them out to Justin's family at all the Christmas events. I spent about 3 hours on these ((I made 24 ornaments girls!)) on a Satruday afternoon.  These realy were super easy, and will hopefully be a keepsake for our families...a way for them to think of us every year at christmas time ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

Up next, my co-workers!  I wanted to find the perfect stocking stuffer for the sweet girls I am working with.  I am filling in for a lady who works in a different department than me, and I LOVE these girls!  They wanted me to join them ((and invited my friend Katie-the other event coordinator-- to join them as well)) in their Christmas festivities since I am working with them through the holidays!  So last night I got to work on homeade coaster sets for them!  I found this fab idea here!  I had the afternoon to myself yesterday, so I quickly got to work!



Here is the start.  I made six sets of coasters in about 4 hours from start to finish.  I got the tiles and cork board at Home Depot, the modge podge, glue gun, sealer, and ribbon from Michaels, and the cockatail napkins from Party City.



Here are the cocktail napkins after I cut them all down to size.



After a layer of the Modge Podge glue.



Getting ready to seal them!



Drying outside!



A close up :)



Ready to go!


 
Ta-da!

This project was so fun, and I was really pleased on how they turned out!  I really can't wait for the gift exchange tomorrow!

What do you do for fun, creative gifts?  For co-workers? For Family?  I love reading about all the fun projects and ideas that ya'll have!!

Can you even believe that Christmas is this Friday?  My lawsy!!  Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments: